We are looking for someone with a professional approach to construction, with the ability to deliver to a high standard.
What will you do?
- To contribute personally towards the achievement of the five core organizational values – Craft (Collaboration, Respect, Accountability, Fairness and Transparency)
- To contribute towards the delivery of the Authority’s Environment, Social and Governance strategy
- Assist in procuring, planning and management of the Maintenance Dredging operations, including beneficial disposal programme, to allow continued access to all areas and berths
- Assist in developing, planning and management of the Authority’s environmental monitoring programme as it relates to the potential impacts of dredging
- Attend industry events, conferences etc, to keep up to date on best practice and raise the profile of the Authority
- Plan, programme, develop and deliver capital and revenue works to Authority assets and buildings.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on legislation, construction contract forms, and case law, ensuring best practice procurement and contract management
- Maintain up to date knowledge on CDM Regulations and other construction to ensure compliance
What do you bring?
- At least 3 years experience working in the marine environment
- Three years post-graduate experience in construction management
- Strong understanding of Construction Law
- Project management qualification
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the principles of data protection legislation to ensure compliance
- Understand and carry out duties in a manner which is safe for yourself, colleagues and public in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, in order to minimise the risk of injury/accident
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and able to build/develop relationships at all levels.
- Flexible–on occasion may need to work outside normal working hours, to meet the needs of the Authority.
- UK citizen or you already have valid work permit for UK
Looking for another job?
Do you see yourself reflected in this role? Reach out today!