The Electrical Engineer is part of the Plant and Equipment Department reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager. The position is located at our Houston, TX and will require approximately 50% domestic travel. The position will be supporting the engineering and electrical needs of fleet and operations across multiple project sites. The successful candidate will have excellent engineering skills with demonstrated capabilities in design, budgeting, scheduling, reporting and vendor coordination.
Responsibilities encompass everything from new build documentation to onsite field support. The essential elements of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems for the new and existing fleet.
- Prepares proposals, drawings and inquiries as required to meet the needs of the equipment group and the project estimating group.
- Coordinates with subcontractors and suppliers to meet design requirements of electrical systems.
- Executes upgrade project proposals including pricing, specifications and single line drawings as required.
- Coordinates with regulatory bodies for approvals of electrical systems.
- Coordinates with the respective department(s), such as mechanical engineering, maintenance, IT, etc. on projects requiring joint execution.
- Travels to project locations around the USA to work on assignments as assigned by the Electrical Engineering Manager.
- Maintains accurate copies of drawings and software in the company’s electronic document system.
- Performs on-call work during normal working hours and after hours as necessary.
- Repairing and performing quality control of electrical equipment.
- Follows safe and compliant working procedures.
- Providing technical leadership to employees and contractor
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience; track record of achievement and advancement.
- Proven expertise as an Electrical Engineer.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in the marine industry preferred.
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Excellent project management skills
- Hands-on experience using drawing design (i.e. AutoCAD, Eplan) and calculation (i.e. Easy Power) software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently, make decisions and develop recommendations.
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally the organization.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Successful completion of a pre- employment drug screen.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%; travel to job sites and dredges.
- Must be able to participate in on-call work during off-hours as needed
- When not traveling, must be able to work in an in-office work environment; at this time the in-office work personnel are working a hybrid schedule of 4 days in the office and 1 day remote.
If interested and authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship, please apply directly.