Are you ready to make your mark as a Project Engineer?
You will be responsible for the engineering of Subsea Cables projects and designs - within the requirements (safety, quality, time, budget, legal requirements, regulations and other) and in compliance with client/ contract agreements. This includes management of engineering scopes, if necessary, making use of external engineering suppliers. During project preparation phase, you make sure any interface between engineering disciplines, operations and QHSE is covered. You act as technical conscience throughout the complete lifecycle for medium to complex projects.
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer Subsea Cables are:
- Prepare and guide project preparations, work methods and designs that meet all requirements;
- Provide solutions to the customer and mitigate risks to an as low as possible level;
- Ensure that you are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and that you know the project management procedures and rule
- You present information to customers / marine warranty surveyors / authorities of the feasibility and safety of the offered solution / method and the resulting specifications;
- Structure, plan and budget the project engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time;
- Provide support and advice to the Project Manager and Director engineering with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project;
- Drive continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process. Responsible for identification of lessons learnt and ensuring implementation of follow up actions related to lessons learned.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Marine engineering, Offshore Engineering or Mechanical engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Thorough understanding of the underlying disciplines behind subsea cables installation(Geo, Marine and structural engineering);
- Knowledge and experience of planning applications - such as MS project and/or Primavera - and basic knowledge of drafting applications - such as AutoCAD or BricsCAD;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of offshore operational processes
Looking for another job?
If you see yourself reflected in this role, then we encourage you to apply today!