iPS has in-depth knowledge of all tax and social security issues that might arise when employees work abroad. We do not only take away the worries of complex international tax and social security matters, but we also see to it that clients are fully compliant with all aspects of applicable law and regulations. We offer our clients a tailored solution and take care, as a formal employer, of all administrative and legal procedures. Our flexibility ensures that we solve payroll issues in the most efficient way and that our clients are able to focus on their core business.
The benefits for our clients:
- Reduction of payroll cost;
- In-house expertise and in-depth knowledge;
- Full compliance with applicable law and regulations;
- Application for A1 certificates;
- Complete payroll and personnel administrations;
- Flexibility in employment contracts;
- No risks for the employer;
- 24/7 access to our fully integrated ERP system.
If your employees work outside their country of residence, they will no longer be covered by the social insurance scheme of that country. Instead, your employee will be insured in the country of work. If your employees start working for you (your company) outside the country of residence temporarily, they will normally continue to be socially insured in their country of residence.
The A1 certificate identifies which social security system applies to the holder of the form. In the European social security regulations, the following ‘rules’ apply:
- A person can only be subject to the social security system of one of the EER member states, AND
- the employee will only pay social security premiums (including health insurance) in that particular country.
An A1 certificate will be issued by European country in which the employee pays social security contributions in the country of residence for at least one month. An A1 certificate is proof that the employee does not need to pay social security contributions in the country of work, and it confirms that the employee remains socially insured in his/her country of residence. It is amongst others this expertise that we foster to be able to make a difference to employees and clients alike.